Dated: January 1st 2021
Broad and Liberty, Inc. (“Broad and Liberty”) respects and values your privacy. As part of our commitment to using the information that you share with us responsibly, we want you to know how we collect, use, and disclose information relating to you, your computer, or your device and that enables your identification (“Personal Information”).
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
a. What You Give Us
Some parts of the Site may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, you may voluntarily provide Personal Information to us in the following ways:
- Contact Us Forms and Correspondence: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. For example, we collect the information that you provide on the “contact us” forms available on the Site.
- Support Us: When you submit a donation, we obtain from you the information we need to facilitate the transaction. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card number. We may also retain details of your specific transaction.
- Subscribe to Mailing List: If you subscribe to our email mailing list, we will collect your email address.
- Social Media Use: We may receive Personal Information that we collect from your interaction with our social media pages.
- Comments and Forums: We collect any Personal Information that you provide to us in publicly available comments, testimonials, and other similar forums.
- What Others Give Us
We may also receive Personal Information from our customers and vendors relating to transactions processed or facilitated through the Site. For example, if you submit a donation to support us.
- Information from Use of the Site
- Location Data
If you use certain features of the Site, we may collect location data obtained from you, by GPS, IP address, or otherwise. Similarly, if you use our mobile websites, or other smart device applications, we may collect location data obtained from your device according to the location preferences on your device. Certain features and functionality of the Site may not be available to you if you do not authorize access to your location data.
- Data about Children
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information through the Site from children under the age of 13. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided through the Site from children under the age of 13.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
- Requests, Inquiries, and Proposals: We may use your Personal Information to process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and proposals. If you request certain information from us, we will use your Personal Information to process and respond to your request.
- Manage Our Relationship With You: We may use your Personal Information to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, such as information about changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative information.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us operate, evaluate, and improve the quality of the Site; to better understand those individuals that utilize the Site; to verify your identity; to prevent, protect against, identify, or address fraud, unauthorized activity, claims, liabilities, and other wrongdoing; to provide you with customer service; and to generally manage our business.
- Promotions: We may use Traffic Data and other Personal Information to let you know about offers, products, and services related to our mission that we think may be of interest to you, including through direct mail, email, on our Site, and on third party sites.
- Legal Requirements, Industry Standards, and Contractual Obligations: We may use your Personal Information for complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our contractual obligations.
We may use non-personal information or aggregate information that does not identify an individual without restriction, and we may share such information with third parties.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with individuals or companies that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services, logistics professionals, and delivery companies.
- Business Partners: We may share information with third party marketing companies and advertising partners, as well as vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us as well as organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives.
- Legal Requirements: We use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER PASSIVE COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate the Site, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your device: If you access the Site through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the devices you use to access the Site.
- Using Monitoring Tools: Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”) to better tailor the Site in order to provide a better service. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has used or accessed our Site. These technologies usually work in conjunction with cookies. To disable cookies used on our Site, and therefore any other tracking technologies that work in conjunction with these cookies, please follow the instructions below.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user uses or accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
5. JOB OPPORTUNITIES
You may choose to apply for employment or an internship opportunity with Broad and Liberty through online application forms we may provide or by sending us, by email or otherwise, a resume and letter (containing personally identifiable information). Any information you provide to us in this regard will be viewed by Broad and Liberty only for the purpose of evaluating your application and/or responding to your employment-related inquiry.
6. FINANCIAL INFORMATION
7. LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
Some parts of the Site may contain links to websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations and individuals. Broad and Liberty provides these links as a service to our users. When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving our Site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site. Broad and Liberty does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained in a linked site. We also do not endorse the organizations or individuals maintaining sites that we link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.
Before you submit any information to Broad and Liberty via the Site, please remember that information submitted via the Internet, including through a website or email is subject to interception or incorrect routing, and the Internet is not a fully secure communications channel. Certain sections of this site may have heightened security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information you have provided. The security measures used on this site to protect any available online donation pages include industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, Verisign certificates, firewalls, and internal policies to maintain the security of stored data. We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information collected by us from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no network, server, database, or Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure, error-free, or “hacker proof.” Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you provide to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information.
9. DATA RETENTION
We generally retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes above, or for longer when required by law. To dispose of Personal Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Even if we delete your Personal Information, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
10. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Opt Out From Direct Electronic Communications. We may send you direct electronic communications, such as through email. You may “opt out” of receiving these electronic communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” reference in any email we send you. Otherwise, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to the below address requesting that we unsubscribe you from our contact lists. Please note that if you use more than one name or email address when communicating with Broad and Liberty or using the Site, you may continue to receive communications from us to any name or email address not specified in your opt-out request.
Opt Out From Postal Mailing List. We may send you direct communications by mail to your postal address. You may “opt out” of receiving these communications by contacting us as set forth below indicating which communications you no longer wish to receive.
Opt Out From Text Messages. We may send you text messages to your mobile device. You may “opt out” of receiving these communications by responding “unsubscribe” in any text message we send you. Otherwise, you may send an email to email@example.com or a letter to the below address requesting that we unsubscribe you from our contact lists.
Additional Opt Out Rights. You may opt out of having your directly identifiable Personal Information, which has been voluntarily provided to us through online forms, membership or registration forms, surveys, online purchasing, or e-mail, prospectively retained by us, used by us for secondary purposes, or disclosed by us to third parties, by contacting us as set forth below and including your name and physical address. Please note that certain exceptions to this opt-out right may apply where permitted by applicable law, including where we are unable to verify your identity, where Personal Information is necessary to obtain the products or services you have requested, or where Personal Information must be retained to comply with applicable law or legal process.
Right to Access and Correct. Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, we will provide you with a summary of any directly identifiable Personal Information retained by us that has been voluntarily provided by you to Broad and Liberty through online forms, membership or registration forms, surveys, online purchasing, or e-mail. You may modify, correct, change or update your Personal Information by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses or numbers above.
11. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please contact us as set forth below.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US