A Broad + Liberty white paper report
The once-in-a-decade process of redistricting is now happening across the nation — including in Harrisburg. What does the future hold for Pennsylvania districts, both for state and federal office? And what can the past tell us?
Broad + Liberty is proud to present to you our first ever white-paper report, now available for download: Redistricting in Pennsylvania, the Past, Present, and Future.
The process of drawing the lines for districts that are represented in the state house, and in Washington, is inherently political, but became even more so in Pennsylvania in 2017 and 2018, when the Pennsylvania Supreme Court “assigned” itself the power to draw the lines over our legislature.
Do you know the history of redistricting in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania? Do you know how an activist court granted itself powers to override the voters, the state legislature, and the Pa. state constitution?
Part one of the three-part report, which tracks the history of redistricting in Pennsylvania and nationally, is available for FREE download below!
The FULL report is also available for purchase below, either as a .pdf or as a printed copy which we can send to you our your organization in the following weeks. This includes sections two and three, which cover:
- How the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and left-wing activist groups tipped the scales against state Republicans, in favor of Democrats, using judicial activism.
- How the “science” of redistricting is often inconclusive and always subject to partisan interpretation.
- How extreme gerrymanders can be self-defeating for the party in power.
- How Pennsylvania stacks up against its neighbors.
- AND, how the Pa. legislature can draft fair maps for the next decade.
If you are purchasing a digital / downloadable report, the link will be emailed to you immediately upon successful checkout. If you are purchasing a print report, we will prepare and mail it to you.